Ramesh Aital
26 posts
TimePosted 05/03/2014 05:52:58

Kiln inlet draft going on higher side, and drop in production by 10%

Dear Sir,

We have 500 tpd kiln (3m x 42.5m length) with 5 stage suspension preheater system, we are getting only 450 to 460 tons  (we have comfortably achieved 500 t + in the past), now all the parameters maintained remains same which we have maintained earlier, but when we increased raw meal feed rate, kiln inlet draft is going high and feed rush towards burning zone, which will force to reduce rpm, it has been observed that the inlet chamber is clean and there is no blockage(narrow ring) anywhere observed, burning zone coating is uniform, what could be the reason that the raise in kiln inlet draft and corresponding drop in inlet temp, but the cyclone temp are normal, 

Due to the above reason, our clinker production drop down by 40 to 50 tons in a day, I request anybody to help in this regards.

Ramesh Aital

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Nael
72 posts
TimePosted 05/03/2014 06:35:58
Nael says

re Kiln inlet draft going on higher side, and drop in production by 10%

Hello,

What is the type your precalciner? Is it Downdraft calciner?

Do you have divertor in cyclone-4?

Regards

Nael 

Ramesh Aital
26 posts
TimePosted 07/03/2014 05:32:14

High,

We have 5 stage preheater system, we have not installed calciner and we have secondary firing above smoke chamber.

brick
5 posts
TimePosted 08/03/2014 08:10:29
brick says

In fact if no changing in any parameters as you said and PH and kiln inlet clear the i D fan interloked to adjust pressure. befor and after I D may be the efficiency  of fan impellers become low or when you changing inlet riser linning the thickness of the linning changed.

Mohamed