Forum Moderator

Forum Moderator
Threads Started: 49763
Strapline: Registered User

India: UltraTech-Century merger talk heightens

UltraTech Cement Ltd and Century Textiles & Industries Ltd are in talks with their respective dealers to synchronise...

Ambuja cement 2Q15 profit declines 45%

Ambuja Cements Ltd reported a 45 per cent drop in net profit for the quarter ended June on account of a lower operat...

Ireland: EPA to investigate Limerick dust emissions

As it cleared a blockage from its preheater, Irish Cement’s Limerick plant caused a dust emission that coated cars a...

India: pollution draws protesters onto streets in Khrew

Demanding an end to pollution from cement factories and illegal mining in the area, hundreds of residents of Khrew i...

Tanzania: Twiga Cement holds seminar for block makers

Some 250 cement distributors and block makers recently participated in a training seminar in Dar es Salaam held by T...

Vietnam Yen Binh Cement posts VND278bn revenue in 1H15

Yen Binh Cement JSC reported revenues of VND278bn (US$12.74m) in the first half of this year, thanks to its expandin...

Yugcement re-elects Supervisory Board chairman Zelano

In an extraordinary meeting on 16 July the shareholders of Yugcement (formerly Olshansky cement plant, Mykolaiv regi...

Mexico to maintain momentum?

Scotiabank Inverlat provides a detailed outlook on the Mexican cement sector seeking reasons for the positive trend i...

Entering a world of giants

ICR interviews Christian Gagnon, CEO of McInnis Cement, Canada. The company's greenfield plant and terminal at Port-D...

Pakistan International Bulk Terminal issues 20% stake to IFC

The Pakistan International Bulk Terminal Limited (PIBTL) has issued 189.653m shares, or 20 per cent, stakes to the I...