Forum Moderator

Forum Moderator
Threads Started: 49580
Strapline: Registered User

PPC says half-year profit jumps

Strong sales lifted half-year headline profit at South Africa’s Pretoria Portland Cement (PPC) by one third and...

CRH makes ’positive’ start

Building materials group CRH told shareholders yesterday that it had enjoyed a positive start to the year, but made i...

Cemex gets green light for US sand mine

The cement major Cemex has been granted by an US court the concession to develop a sand mine at Santa Clarita, Califo...

Cimpor sells debut Euro600m bonds

Portuguese cement company Cimpor - Cimentos de Portugal SGPS SA saw strong demand for a 600 million euro seven-year b...

Hundreds expected at tyre burning protest

Hundreds of people are expected to join a protest march against the burning of tyres as an alternative to fossil fuel...

UAE cement demand booming

The UAE industry is trying hard to fight the upsurge in demand with the production capacity working at the optimum l...

Vietnamese prices

Domestic producers are expected to make 23.7Mt of cement in 2004. Cement prices at major retailers in Hanoi inreased ...

Dangote cement claims forex savings

Nigeria: Dangote’s new cement manufacturing company currently under construction which is to commence productio...

Cement prices are on the rise

MANAMA: Prices of construction materials are rising sharply in Bahrein, Entrepreneurs Association member Abdulwahed A...

UK – Baseline monitoring test results are positive for Rugby residents

The UK Environment Agency (EA) has released the results of baseline monitoring tests carried out at Rugby Cement. Dr ...