Forum Moderator

Forum Moderator
Threads Started: 49593
Strapline: Registered User

Manufacturers explain cement price increase, Nigeria

Cement manufacturers in Nigeria have given insight to the continued escalation in the price of cements, attributing i...

Excess supply hits southern cement firms, India

Lower price realisation has hit southern cement companies, as opposed to their northern counterparts, which have been...

Consumption rises 2.67Mt in July, Indonesia

Indonesia’s cement consumption rose slightly by 1.8 per cent to 2.67Mt in July this year from the same period l...

Spanish producers first half rise

Spanish cement maker Cementos Portland Valderrivas SA posted a net attributable profit of EUR50.9m (US$61.5m) for th...

St Lawrence asks for more time, USA

After revising its proposal to build a cement plant in Columbia County, St. Lawrence Cement Co. has asked the state D...

Argos to sell La Jagua coal mine, Colombia

Colombia’s leading cement producer Argos and its affiliates are to sell the La Jagua coal mine in César departm...

Krasnoyarsk Cement to put third kiln into operation, Russia

Krasnoyarsk Cement should raise RUR20-25mln to put into operation its third kiln, General Director of Topkinsky Cemen...

UAE producers agree not to export cement

The UAE cement producers agreed at a meeting on August 31, 2004 not to export cement until the situation on the local...

Titan completes Pennsuco enlargement early

Titan’s first half turnover increased by 7.9% to EUR5261.7m, which represents a 12.4 per cent advance at constant exc...

Markets still under pressure

While the iron ore & steel groups are building up their production capacities and stabilising their supplies through ...